1 min read
A multiple-entry visa allows you to re-enter Costa Rica as many times as you like during its validity period (they can be issued for a maximum of 5 years). Looking to apply for one? Read on! On this article, we go over the requirements established on Article 39 of Executive Decree No. 19010 for multiple-entry visas for Costa Rica:
- Request addressed to the General Directorate of Immigration with the following information:
- Given name and last name.
- Date of birth.
- Full name and nationality of the parents.
- Passport number, type and validity.
- Fax number to receive notifications.
- Costa Rican Consulate to which the visa authorization should be addressed if it is approved.
- Birth Certificate.
- Criminal Record (Certificate stating that the applicant does not have a criminal record either in his country of origin or in the one he has resided for the last three years).
- Certified photocopy of every page of the passport of the alien who seeks the multiple-entry visa.
- In case the application process is handled by a third party, a special power of attorney to carry out the immigration procedure is required.
- Evidence of funds (e.g. bank statements, audited accounts, tax records, etc.).
Document Validity Requirements
Birth certificates, criminal records, passport photocopies and other supporting documents issued in a foreign country must be duly apostilled or legalized by the corresponding country authorities or the nearest Costa Rican consulate in that country.
Also, if these documents were issued in a language other than Spanish, they need to be translated by an official translator, according to Article 167 of Executive Decree No. 19010. Wondering what’s the deal with this whole «official translation» thing? Check out our post explaining what an official translation is in Costa Rica and who needs one.
At karlssontranslations we offer certified, official translations authorized by the Costa Rican Ministry of Foreign Affairs. We offer superior legal translation services & can provide a certified translation of your documents.